Friday, January 23, 2009

Cheers


I've got about 48 hours until I leave for my Panama journey. I'm taking three weeks to explore the country, study a little Spanish, and decide if this is the right move for right now. Of course, three weeks isn't a whole lot of time to decide whether or not you want to live in a foreign land but it is enough time for me to feel comfortable with my surroundings.
One thing I want to express is how amazing I feel about the people in my life. I am SO BLESSED to have people who care about what I'm doing and my pursuit of Happiness. Not many people are so fortunate to have loving parents, siblings who understand you, and friends that inspire you. I've got all three! I must have done something in my former life to have deserved this.
One of my goals while in Panama/in my next few years of life is to find a way to make those people proud. I want to make a difference in the world. There is a purpose to being born right? I've definitely had the chance to travel and see the world and know that there are SO SO SO many opportunities out there to make it happen. I think a lot of people aren't proactive about it because they get stuck in the comfort of everyday life and see value in objects that should really have no meaning. Memories can NEVER been taken away, nor can education. Money, yes, I do find it important but only for the purpose of obtaining more knowledge and experiences that I will cherish no matter what.
Even if I don't find my career path or whatever I'm searching for in the next few years I think I am making the right decision by taking myself out of my comfort zone. I want to see, I want to experience, and I want to meet more people that will impact my life and guide me to be where ever I am supposed to be/do whatever I am meant to do. With that said, I want to thank you if you have been a part of my life. Even if you have said hello, I'm sure it has added to the many pleasures I've had thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment